Critical Care Travel Nursing jobs in Tennessee
Become a critical care nurse in Tennessee, and you will be making an impact in the world by giving patients the best possible care when they need it the most. You will also become a member of one of the most valued nursing specialties that can lead to some of the highest salaries in nursing.
What Is Critical Care Travel Nursing?
Critical care travel nursing is a dynamic specialty where nurses work for hospitals or other facilities that provide 24/7 critical care services.
Critical care travel nursing is ideal for nurses who are looking to make an impact on patients and their families while also having a career that offers flexible schedules.
It requires advanced skills in nursing, advanced medical and surgical knowledge, and critical thinking.
The scope of practice for critical care nurses is broad, encompassing many hospital settings and emergency centers. Critical care nurses are involved with patients throughout their hospital stay.
Why Is Critical Care Travel Nursing a Lucrative Job?
As a critical care travel nurse in Tennessee, you can expect to make an immediate impact on patients in various locations throughout the country as opposed to other bedside nursing jobs where you often work with limited resources and few options for action. You may work in a nursing home, hospital, or emergency room.
While the critical care travel nursing job is a demanding and complex career, it has many rewards. This is because nurses are involved in providing the most high-stakes services of all – emergency medicine and trauma care.
Tennessee critical care travel nursing offers nurses an extraordinary experience and the opportunity to make a difference. Your experience, expertise, and skills will be valued, and your efforts recognized for their real impact on patients.
As one of the highest-paid nursing specialties, critical care travel nurses are highly sought after, which ultimately helps them get the highest pay for their efforts.
Domestic Critical Care Travel Nurse
Domestic critical care travel nurses in Tennessee take on critical care nursing assignments in the United States. This critical care travel nursing job is commonly associated with short critical care assignments such as response to natural disasters, mass casualty situations, and acute events.
Domestic critical care nurses are often needed for temporary assignments at hospitals that might be short on staff during significant events or emergencies in the United States. This may include staffing hospital emergency rooms and trauma centers during a flu outbreak or staffing a mass casualty event after an aircraft accident or natural disaster.
International Critical Care Travel Nurse
International critical care travel nurses take on critical care nursing assignments outside of the United States. This type of clinical assignment can be of various lengths and may include a new experience abroad, a career change, or a challenge. These assignments can be intense and may require advanced skills.
What Exactly Do Tennessee Critical Care Travel Nurses Do?
Critical care travel nurses are the hospital’s first line of defense during a medical emergency. As a critical nurse with extensive medical training and intense hands-on experience, you utilize your skills to keep patients in stable conditions. At the same time, they wait for a more permanent solution in their recovery plan.
In critical care travel nursing, you will be expected to manage every aspect of patient treatment – everything from checking vital signs and managing medications to working with other critical care teams.
Although the role may vary according to the assigned hospital, level of training and experience, or the nature of the critical care nursing job at hand, as a critical care travel nurse, you can expect to tackle the following tasks:
● Conduct initial assessments and triage of patients and set up needed equipment and supplies.
● Conduct assessments of the medical condition, including vital signs such as blood pressure or heart rate, temperature, respiration or respiratory rate, blood sugar level, or urine output. You are responsible for finding the underlying cause of abnormal vital signs.
● Team up with other nurses and doctors to provide the most effective treatment in the shortest time possible.
● Assist physicians during procedures and surgeries by performing nursing care such as taking blood pressure or pulse, communicating with patients about their bodily functions, and assisting in wound care.
● Educate the patient, their family, and other caregivers about their medical conditions, possible treatment options, and implications of each option.
● Administer medications to patients by injection or intravenously and take samples of bodily fluids.
● Assist physicians with electrocardiograms, pulse oximetry, blood gas analysis, and other diagnostic tests. These tests help identify abnormal conditions or critical illnesses like asthma, pneumonia, sepsis, or acute renal failure.
● Document patient conditions in charts based on clinical observations and communication with the patient, other medical staff, and family members.
How To Become a Travel Nurse
To become a critical care travel nurse, you will need the following:
1. A degree in nursing.
2. A current Registered Nurse, RN, license or be eligible to receive one after your education program is complete.
3. Some employers accept credit for critical care curse certification courses as one of your credentials for employment as a critical care travel nurse.
4. A current CPR Certification.
5. Several years of hands-on experience as a registered nurse in intensive care settings, such as an ICU, a Critical Care Unit, abbreviated as CCU, and emergency room, ER.
6. License in the state where you want to work as a critical care travel nurse.
7. Documentation of your ACLS, BCLS, and PALS Certifications.
8. A police background check.
9. Current BLS Certification.
10. Contact information and references of employers who previously hired you as a critical care nurse.
In addition to those requirements, you should also have an unquenchable passion for helping people in need. You should also have a desire to grow with every assignment. You must also be willing to always be on the go.
In the case of International Critical Care Travel Nursing, you must be willing to relocate overseas and have superb communication skills in foreign languages.
Critical Travel Nursing Pay and Benefits
Critical travel nursing payscale is influenced by experience and the employer in the long run.
Other factors that directly determine compensation for a critical care travel nurse are the number of work hours and rates, overtime pay, non-taxed housing stipend, and travel reimbursements.
Generally, a critical care travel nursing job in Tennessee offers good pay, great benefits, and a solid career for nurses who excel in this specialty.
|Job Category||Critical Care|
|Feature 1||Great Pay|
|Feature 2||Travel The Country|
|Feature 3||Resume Builder|